In today’s episode, we are joined by Ryan Hutmacher, an award-winning chef and founder of the Well Beyond Food project. As a self-proclaimed experientialist, his company creates custom food experiences designed to foster connection & promote inclusion within organizations and their teams. Tune in as we discuss the importance of authenticity to brand-building and ways to measure the ROI and impact of intangible experiences.
IN THIS EPISODE:
- [03:41] Ryan shares what the Well Beyond Food project is and what it aims to do.
- [05:26] Well Beyond Food’s mission is to allow people to be seen and see others.
- [07:23] Well Beyond Food is not just a cooking experience. It is a team-building activity.
- [13:24] Quality control and making sure everyone feels accomplished are very important elements during team building activities. Ryan explains how he achieves that.
- [15:24] What inspired Ryan to build the Well Beyond Food project?
- [20:15] Ryan shares his personal journey that inspired the project.
- [23:20] Practice what you preach. Otherwise, people will see right through your story. Authenticity is the heart of your business.
- [24:24] If you want others to feel comfortable expressing their own unique voice and style, you need to lead the way.
- [27:15] How to measure ROI on intangible experiences?
- Authenticity in your business is a must. No one can be you. It is truly the only thing that you have to authentically sell. Designing an experience from a place of authenticity and truth is absolutely essential to create both meaning and value.
- One of the questions you need to ask yourself is: “What are the jobs to be done?” Ryan has done the work to understand which jobs are most important to his business clients.
- Business is about continually asking questions, exploring, figuring out how to get data, validate, learn from the insights, and use them to grow.
Ryan Hutmacher is an award-winning chef and founder of the Well Beyond Food project. As a self-proclaimed experientialist, his company creates custom food experiences designed to foster connection & promote inclusion within organizations and their teams. From interactive workshops & webinars to team-building adventures & wellness retreats, his creative formats make way for human experiences that connect.
Ryan’s talents have been featured on countless stages, including TEDx and the Today Show. He’s credited for winning a nationally televised cooking competition on ABC’s “The CHEW” and serving as the First-Ever Weight Watchers Chef. His unique skill-sets span three industries, including Hospitality, CPG, and Healthcare. In his free time, he enjoys mushroom foraging, ping pong, running, and spontaneous travel.