Today we are revisiting our talk with Roger Beasley about Customer Modes, the mindsets and behaviors that help people get jobs done. We look at what they are and how they work through the lens of the restaurant industry. Tune in to learn how modes thinking has the key to unlock experience strategy and journey work in powerful new ways.
IN THIS EPISODE:
● [1:35] Introduction to Roger Beasley
● [3:37] What are modes, jobs, ques, and how do they work together?
● [8:39] How to connect the brand to the consumer.
● [12:13] Roger talks about how technology shifted the mode people are in and how the restaurant chains need to shift their focus.
● [17:50] We discuss the top modes found in restaurant customers and how they relate to the different channels.
● [21:50] How the rise of virtual brands came about (DoorDash, UberEats, etc.)
● [28:25] The need to customize your brand with the situation of why people will order.
● [31:46] The different requirements for different channels/modes, moving away from loyalty programs.
● People no longer order from restaurants because they like that specific restaurant's food; they are ordering based on the mode they are in - productivity, relaxing, etc.
● With the creation and use of UberEats and DoorDash, the people ordering the food are not the restaurant's customers; they are the customers of third-party brands. So it’s essential to create a new brand to draw customers back to your restaurant.